NetSafe is an independent non-profit organisation with an unrelenting focus on online safety and security. Its purpose is to enable all New Zealand internet users to confidently access digital opportunities and prevent online harm.
Since 1998 NetSafe has provided support, education and advice to New Zealand internet users and helped resolve many online safety and security complaints. NetSafe achieves this by working with government, law enforcement, industry and community organisations in New Zealand and all over the world.
NetSafe is at the forefront of online safety practice. Whether it is a cybersafety, cybercrime or cybersecurity challenges, our knowledge across all areas of digital challenge is unique in New Zealand. NetSafe’s expertise is recognised and respected globally.
As the Approved Agency under the Harmful Digital Communication Act, NetSafe will manage and assist with cases of online harassment and educate technology users on how to minimise their own online risks. Further details about the services offered by the Approved Agency will be available closer to the November launch.
NetSafe’s purpose is to enable all New Zealand internet users to confidently access digital opportunities and prevent online harm. There are six values that guide the way we work and the decisions we make to help achieve our purpose.
Our values reflect who are and what we stand for:
- Honesty & integrity: We build trust and confidence by doing what we say we will.
- Agile & innovative: We seek out opportunities to learn, grow and improve.
- Accountable & transparent: We take responsibility for getting things done and share information to help others.
- Collaborative: We build relationships to get the best results as helping others is at the heart of everything we do.
- Inclusive: We treat people with respect and dignity and welcome diversity.
- Keeping it real: We know how to maintain perspective and keep things balanced.
MORE ADVICE AND INFORMATION