Netsafe is an incorporated society that draws its membership from across the country. Our members represent organisations with an interest in building confidence in using technology.
We communicate with members via email, meetings and conferences to discuss and advance online safety in New Zealand.
Applying for Membership
You can apply to be a Netsafe member by emailing email@example.com with your name and phone number, outlining your role and interest in cybersafety and security.
All applications are reviewed for approval by our Board who meet every month.
Terms and Conditions of Membership Application
- Netsafe has multiple members from many organisations. For administrative purposes, only one member is listed as the official representative of an organisation. Please state if you would like to be listed as the official representative of your organisation and keep us updated of internal changes.
- All applications to become a Netsafe member are reviewed for approval by our Board. Notification of the result of an application will be provided in writing within 14 days of the Board’s decision. Applicants have the right to request a review by the Board of a membership decision within 30 days of receipt of the notification.
- Members’ contact details will only be used for the purpose of membership activity. For example, all members are automatically subscribed to the NetSafe mailing list. NetSafe will not give out members’ information to any third party without permission in writing from the member.
- It is the responsibility of each member to keep their details up to date by informing Netsafe of any information changes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NetSafe membership remains in place until it is terminated i.e. there is no need to renew membership.
- Any member may terminate their membership of the Society by giving written notice to the board. Notice of resignation can be sent to Netsafe, PO Box 124, Shortland St, Auckland, 1140 or via email to email@example.com. Resignation will be confirmed within 14 working days of receipt of the request.
- The Board may, for any reason it considers sufficient, terminate a membership in the Society, by notice to a member stating the reason(s) for termination. The member has the right to request a review by the Board of the termination within 30 days of receipt of notification.