We’re proud to announce that Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant is now taking applications. The new grant scheme has been designed to provide financial support to research, projects and service initiatives that relate to harmful digital communications and ultimately creates a better online experience.
The inaugural grant round closes 24 March, 2017.
You can apply for Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant by completing the application form.
To understand more about Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant check out the FAQs below:
- What will Netsafe fund?
Netsafe is looking to fund ideas that:
1. Foster innovation and new ideas that aim to prevent and deter the impact of online bullying, harassment, revenge pornography and other forms of abuse and intimidation
2. Assist in enhancing and extending the reach and effectiveness of existing initiatives.
- How much funding will Netsafe provide?
The grants are for a maximum amount of $50, 000 per round – applicants must match Netsafe’s contribution either financially or by in-kind support.
- Who can apply for a grant?
Funding is available to individuals, groups or organisations.
- Where does the money come from?
The Ministry of Justice has provided the funding as part of their support of Netsafe’s service to receive, assess and investigate complaints under the Harmful Digital Communication Act.
- Is there a time limit to using the grant?
Grant recipients will be given six months to execute their ideas and report back to Netsafe. Any unspent funds must be returned unless an extension has been sought and approved by Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant Committee.
- How will grants be assessed?
Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant Committee will assess each application based on the following criteria:
1. Priority is given to organisations/individuals located in New Zealand
2. The initiative integrates the key principles of the Treaty of Waitangi including partnerships and participation
3. The initiative promotes the positive use of technology
4. The initiative helps people manage and reduce the risk of harm from harmful digital communication
5. The initiative benefits New Zealand internet users
6. Legal documentation provided by applicants satisfies Netsafe’s due diligence checking.
- Is there anything Netsafe will not fund?
Netsafe will not fund:
• Retrospective grants
• Political organisations
• Fundraising dinners or events
• Capital building projects
• Debt reduction requests
• Property rental or lease payments.
- How do I apply for a grant?
To apply for funding, download the Netsafe Online Safety Partnership Grant form, fill out all the details and send it to us (either via email or in the post) with the relevant documentation.Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant Application Form
- How many grant rounds are there each year?
Netsafe’s Online Safety Partnership Grant fund has two funding rounds in March and September each year.