The Netsafe Schools Surveys have been designed to help you understand what your school community thinks and knows about online safety, citizenship and wellbeing.
We have surveys for students (from Year 6 upwards), staff, parents and whānau that align to the seven key areas of the Netsafe Schools Framework. The survey results you collect will help you complete the Netsafe Schools Review Tool.
Some things to consider before using the Netsafe Schools Surveys
It’s important that ethical and wellbeing aspects are considered when collecting personal feedback. Before starting the surveys, we recommend you consider the following activities:
- Get consent (from students, staff, parents and whānau)
- Provide assurances that the responses will be anonymous
- Inform students that they can opt out at any stage of a survey if they are uncomfortable with the process
- Share with students details of the support available if they become concerned for any reason
- Communicate the purpose for collecting information, why it’s important and how the outcomes will be shared.
A My Kit school account is needed to access the Netsafe Schools Surveys. If you haven’t already added your school to your My Kit account, you can do this in the ‘Manage My Account’ section.