Online safety is an important topic, and one that is rapidly growing as the use of digital technology increases. The opportunities available through the use of technology are significant and it’s vital for New Zealand that the online safety community works together to enable everyone to confidently access and take advantage of these opportunities. We appreciate any support that helps us with our goals. If you’d like to contribute to Netsafe there are several ways you can be involved – you can donate, sponsor or become a member.
Become a Netsafe member
Netsafe is an incorporated society with members from all over the world. If you’d like to be a part of the online safety conversation, you should consider becoming a member.
Membership is free, easy to apply for and it gives you the opportunity to play a part in the development of online safety and the use of digital technoloy here in New Zealand. You’ll receive our monthly newsletter, the quarterly report, the annual report and invitations to events like our annual online safety conference and AGM to discuss emerging topics and plans.
If you have questions about becoming a Netsafe member, please email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of membership application
- Netsafe has multiple members from many organisations. For administrative purposes, only one member is listed as the official representative of an organisation. Please state if you would like to be listed as the official representative of your organisation and keep us updated of any internal changes
- All applications to become a Netsafe member are reviewed by our Board. Notification of the result of an application will be provided in writing within 14 days of the Board’s decision. Applicants have the right to request a review by the Board of a membership decision within 30 days of receipt of the notification
- Members’ contact details will only be used for the purpose of membership activity. For example, all members are automatically subscribed to the Netsafe mailing list. Netsafe will not give out members’ information to any third party without permission in writing from the member
- It is the responsibility of each member to keep their details updated by informing Netsafe of any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Netsafe membership remains in place until it is terminated i.e. there is no need to renew membership
- Any member may terminate their membership by giving written notice to the board. Notice of resignation can be sent to Netsafe, PO Box 124, Shortland St, Auckland, 1140 or via email to email@example.com. The resignation will be confirmed within 14 working days of receipt of the request
- The Board may, for any reason it considers sufficient, terminate a membership, by notice to a member stating the reason(s) for termination. The member has the right to request a review by the Board of the termination within 30 days of receipt of notification
Donate or sponsor
If you feel we’ve helped you, please consider donating or sponsoring Netsafe. As a non-profit organisation, we use any donations to help people stay safe online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to contribute to Netsafe
If you have an idea about how you can contribute to Netsafe and our work, please feel free to get in touch by emailing email@example.com
If your organisation is looking to undertake research or develop new resources/products related to online safety we are able to provide consulting services. Our team has a range of backgrounds and are able to help you produce safe and successful outcomes for New Zealand internet users.