Netsafe has created the Online Safety Parent Toolkit to get parents and whānau talking about online safety. As young people spend more time online, it’s important that parents and whānau can teach their child to have a safe online experience. This page lets you download a PDF copy of our Online Safety Parent Toolkit to use as and when you need.
ONLINE SAFETY PARENT TOOLKIT
The Online Safety Parent Toolkit is a simple and practical seven-step framework to help parents with digital parenting in a rapidly changing world. Our downloadable version of the Parent Toolkit offers practical tips that will help you talk to your child about online safety. It includes:
- Quickstarter tips for parents, whānau and young people
- Information to enhance your digital parenting knowledge
- Details about the online risks and challenges your child may face
- Advice about how you can help your child
It’s important parents feel confident to have ongoing conversations with their child about their online activities, as these conversations have been proven to minimise the harm that can occur if things do go wrong online.
DOWNLOAD THE ONLINE SAFETY PARENT TOOLKIT
If you’re concerned about the immediate safety of you or someone else, please call 111. If you want help or expert incident advice, you can contact us. Our service is free, non-judgemental and available seven days a week.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call toll free on 0508 NETSAFE (0508 638 723)
- Online report at netsafe.org.nz/report
- Text ‘Netsafe’ to 4282